Friday, July 2, 2010

Family States album

Here is the other reunion project that I made into kits for the kids this year. It was so well-liked that the "big" kids, aka adults, wanted to make one of their own!  I made enough pieces for 35 kits! This turned into a full-time job for about 2 weeks but it was so worth it! I thought this would be a great way for the kids to see where all of our family lives!  Definitely a keepsake!
The covers and pages are from Fabulous Finds! I really like that cartridge!

All of the states and state names are from the 50 states cartridge! Perfect!





We even had another country - France! I got this cutout from the My World cartridge.
The finished kits with all the covers, pages, states and state names - all ready to assemble! This would be very easy to adapt to your own family by cutting the states that are represented by your family! Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

momcre8 said...

This is a great idea for a reunion! I love it! I'm sure it will be a treasured keepsake for years to come. Do you use this cart for Home schooling? I've got an 8th grader- my last child to homeschool ( we will be in our 21st year!), but I have a grandson that will be home schooled in a few years. I just might have to go out and get this one!

Ginger said...

I love the idea... you did a fantastic job ..

-Ginger DT

Java Jen's Creations said...

momcre8,
Yes, we have used this cart in homeschooling! One project we made was a display board that had lots of information about our home state, Ohio! This cartridge is a great addition to our home school!!

Peggy said...

I love this idea. I have family spread all over too. This would be a good project for us. In answer to your question about the Birthday Cake Book on our blog, Daily Grace Creations, I used the Fit To Page feature on the Expression on a 12X12 mat. Hope you enjoy making one.

Peggy

mommyfink said...

Great idea!!!!! Thanks for posting over at Cricut Mini Albums :)

Susan Vilar said...

FANTASTIC idea!!!

What a wonderful idea for kids and adults!