Monday, November 9, 2009

My Blessings Book


This is a super easy mini album that you can make in an evening!  All you need is blank cards and envelopes. Adhere the flaps to the back of each envelope, cut the cards in half and decorate and embellish as desired!  (The cards become inserts for the envelope pockets!)  This is an easy project to personalize!  If you have any questions about this project, be sure to leave me a comment! By the way, for my fellow cricut users, I used the Lyrical Letters cartridge for the title on the front.

2 comments:

ShawnfromMN said...

This is beautiful - sure doesnt look easy!! Would love directions if you are so inclined!! Thank you for sharing - I put you on my favorites list so keep on creating!!!!

Java Jen's Creations said...

Shawn, I am more than happy to share directions!! Just decide how many pages (pockets) you want your album to have and use that many envelopes. Cut the cards that go in the envelopes in half so you have two cards for each envelope (if you want to use both). Simply adhere the envelope flaps to the back of another and keep building from there. Then after you have embellished the pockets and decorated the cards, fold it accordion style with the top flap coming over the bottom envelope. I hope this explains it better for you. If you need some pics of what I'm talking about, just let me know and I'll try to get some posted for you. Have a great day!