Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cooking With Cricut Challenge #84 - Teacher Appreciation Projects

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Welcome to another fun challenge over at COOKING WITH CRICUT ! This week's challenge is all about teachers! We all made something that we could give to a special teacher in our lives.  I chose a home decor piece - a frame that I took the glass out of and framed a sentiment. My particular project doesn't have a school "feel" to it so it could easily be adapted to a different special someone who isn't a teacher.
I used the Florals Embellished Cricut cartridge and cut this and the layer at 4.18". I wrapped some lace ribbon around the backing before putting it back in the frame, tied a bow and stuck some stick pins through the bow and glued some paper flowers to them. Easy, huh? :-)  I embellished the frame, the image and the paper flowers with Stickles and Liquid Pearls! I use these all the time! 

Here are some close-ups:



Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to head over to COOKING WITH CRICUT to link up your own teacher appreciation project for a chance to win a great prize!! 

Until next time, keep on creating beautiful things!



5 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great little gift this will make. TFS

Charlotte said...

I love yoyr card!! florals embellished is one of my favorites these days. And the ribbon is just beautiful.
Charlotte

kimmiluxich said...

Very beautiful card!!!

Kimmi

becky said...

Hey Jen. I found your blog via the blog list over at Above Rubies Studio. Isn't Megan the BEST for putting that together? I'd love to have you come visit me at www.beckyboyer.com
Have a crafty day!
becky

Jen said...

Beautiful gift, Jennie! Love the vintage feel - the papers are gorgeous.